Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

School Tips

Another school day is coming to a close. I feel especially successful with this day because I had a project due. If any of you have been through high school you know exactly what I'm talking about. Lucky for me, I picked a topic I was interested in, and aced the project. That is the most important step in starting a school project. Pick something you are interested in.

I happened to discuss my family's immigrant heritage during the 1900's and since I was interested in it myself, the research wasn't burdensome and I was excited to give the presentation. So for anyone who is having struggles with presentations or projects, here is a little list I put together that may help you.


  • To the best of your ability, pick a topic you are interested in.
  • We all know procrastination is inevitable...but do your best to keep a reasonable handle on it.
  • Think on your feet. Teachers will pay more attention to your presentation if you offer more energy and personal understanding. Rather than just reading a paper or clicking through a powerpoint...
  • Practice at least once. A 10 minute run through on your presentation will go a LONG way. You will feel a lot more comfortable with your material and you will look more prepared.
  • Dress well. You will feel more confidant and look more knowledgable. This goes further than you think it does.
  • Make sure you know what your teacher is looking for. If they pay close attention to eye contact or body movement, focus on that. If they only pay attention to content, focus on that. Pick your battles depending on your teacher.
These are just some practical tips for presentations/projects. These will help you no matter what level of school you are in. Simple sure-fire ways to improve your project grades I hope they help you!
Godlbess


No comments:

Post a Comment